Descended from American music royalty, pop trio Wilson Phillips scored three No. 1 US hits in the early ’90s, including the inspirational anthem “Hold On.”
• The group features Carnie and Wendy Wilson—daughters of Beach Boy Brian Wilson and Marilyn Rovell of The Honeys—and Chynna Phillips, whose parents are John and Michelle Phillips, of The Mamas and the Papas.
• The Wilson sisters and Phillips were friends growing up in Southern California. The trio grew out of Phillips’s attempt to gather children of celebrities to record a charity single, and soon the three women were recording demos with producer Glen Ballard.
• Wilson Phillips’ 1990 self-titled debut was huge. With US sales of more than five million copies, the album reached No. 2 on the Billboard 200 and launched four Top 5 singles, three of which hit the top spot: “Hold On,” “Release Me,” and “You’re in Love.”
• The group’s second album, 1992’s Shadows and Light, reached No. 4 in the US and yielded a pair of Top 40 hits, “You Won’t See Me Cry” and “Give It Up.”
• Wilson Phillips broke up soon after Shadows and Light, when Phillips opted to pursue a solo career. She released her solo debut, Naked and Sacred, in 1995, while the Wilson sisters released the holiday album Hey Santa! in 1993 and collaborated with their father on The Wilsons in 1997.
• After reuniting in 2001 to perform at a tribute to Brian Wilson in New York, Wilson Phillips recorded 2004’s California, an album of cover songs including several their respective fathers had written. The album reached the Top 40 in the US.
• In 2010, Wilson Phillips released the holiday album Christmas in Harmony, followed in 2012 by Dedicated, which comprised their versions of songs by The Beach Boys and The Mamas and the Papas.
• Wilson Phillips remain a pop-culture touchstone. The trio made a cameo in the 2011 film comedy Bridesmaids and appeared in their own reality show, Wilson Phillips: Still Holding On, in 2012.
You're In Love
Hi. We are Jay Siegan Presents. We are the talent liaisons that curate, ideate, and connect you to the right artists to transform special events into experiences of a lifetime. Our roots are those of musicologists and culture hawks, deeply embedded in the living performing arts. This is the foundation of our work, the soul of our business, and what we've been doing for over 25 years. We have the capacity and capability to bring any artist from anywhere in the world to your event.
The cost associated with booking Wilson Phillips is influenced by several factors. These include the interest and availability of the talent, the date and location, the nature of the event, and the schedule of the talent involved. To receive an accurate quote to book Wilson Phillips for your event, we will need to gather some specific information. Reach out to us to dig in more and we can discuss an offer with the agent for Wilson Phillips.
Please note, we are not the agents or managers for the talent listed, except as indicated, nor are we affiliated with any particular agency roster. This ideal and impartial position in the industry allows us to make the best recommendations that align with our client’s objectives and budgets. Please remember that we don't accept fan emails, special requests, meet and greets requests. Serious booking inquiries only, please. Our secret to success is our solid industry relationships and our experience booking talent!